Monday 6 August 2012

... 99.5%

Hi, big update here.

I would like to talk a little about the percentage system would seem that some do not like (and I can understand). I have a list of things I have still to change. That list decides the percentage and I can not do much more. Many things come out of the list, and from time to time, comes one more thing. All I can do is take that percentage because I can not give dates. Even though I have this I want to play some games this summer that I have pending, and that will be after finishing the mod.

Some screenshots may be similar to previous ones, but I have no time to select a lot. Also, saved games can't be shared between the mod and the normal game, so I have to start levels again and again. I lose much time with that.

There may always be slight adjustments to what I show before the mod will be released. I hope you like them and you shouldn't find micro keyholes XD.

New concrete for stairs in castle, new castle door, shadows for casing shells, new walls in city hall building, new floor in city hall building and downtown catacombs, new road in roosevelt, new keypad from menorca, new floor for electric plant (roosevelt), new rock walls in cityhall, new overpass road and overpass dirty road, final version of bridge green metal and a few more things.










































































































































































































































15 comments:

  1. Great stuff! my excitement is ever increasing for release.

    I particularly like the change between pictures 119 and 120.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aplause for all your work bu in one case i think the change get worst than original. The series of pictures with defocused buildings like Crysis2+2012-08-05+18-10-38-03.jpg ... the change in colors and resolution make de light to linear in color transition and space... the original look like true builings, the new windows look like cardboards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I want to avoid that lowres red bump detail and dof glitches. I need to work a bit more to avoid them without loose the punch of the scene.

      Delete
    2. I can reproduce the red tint and maybe creating more reflections and rising contrast in the buildings. Originals are very low res and bump detail is horrible when zoom in.

      Delete
    3. Like i said, i think the color look to solid/linear from center to border. The increased resolution result in blocks of intense white color, dont look like windows iluminated... the original have some kink of halo light effect, color in the center it's differente than borders. And the predominant intense white color make the scene lose punch. Another think.... the docks are almost as far as the buildings but they dont have any DOF. This look strange/false to me.

      Delete
  3. umm....I don't like last shot's fixed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maldo, you've been busy!!! This is really stunning and amazing stuff Maldo, I can't wait for release. Only thing for me is on Roosevelt Island (e.g your last 2 images), I prefer the original colour of the distant city lights, I prefer the orange colour rather than the new white. The original is more atmospheric and looks like fire.

    But everything else is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you upload these pics as zip so I can check on the train later?

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is incredible! Never have i seen a mod with such dedication as this, asnd it is quite clear how amazing the results are! Everything here looks better than the 'next gen' stuff Unreal and that are promoting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange cityscape, white cityscape, what's the difference? Looks amazing Maldo, you have truly made Crysis 2 the best-looking game in the world. Can't applaud you enough :-)

    One thing I miss from the DX11 version is the HDR motion blur. The ghosting on your gun as you turn around is a little distracting. At least give it a checkbox on the config for 3.0c when it comes out.

    Also I second the vote to include the option for DX11 shadows. I miss those too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For that motion blur you have to activate "cinema" depth of field. For Dx11 shadows, the new version has "penumbra shadows" option.

      Delete
    2. Awesome - glad to hear it. I just wish the Bokeh DOF worked properly, because it really looks incredible when it does work.

      Eagerly awaiting release!

      Delete
  8. ^why can't u just run the game in dx11 on ultra (instead of using maldo's config)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please. I can't imagine going back to the blurry/unfixed game. Have you LOOKED at the comparison shots?

      Delete
  9. No No No i don't mean turn off Maldo's mod!!! That's insanity! I meant just set ur graphics settings to ultra while in game! You'll still get all of Maldo's fixes! Either way, it seems you've found you solution :)

    ReplyDelete